Will Leitch and AJ Daulerio have Stuart Scott.
And now I have Curt Schilling.
For those of you who don't know... I don't particularly like the
I'm going to try Fire Joe Morgan's style of blogging and break down Schilling's first entry, Throwing out the first pitch
I’ve done it. I’ve caved and am actually taking the blog plunge.
Thank god. I needed my daily dose of idiocy.
I’ve been called everything from outspoken to blowhard to much, much worse.
My god! He can read my mind! WITCH! WITCH! BURN HIM!
I’ve never been a yes/no kind of guy, which probably hasn’t been received well by some. I don’t know that I’ll be changing my style, but I do know that getting ripped for something I say here will be getting ripped for something I actually said–with the entire contents of my comments included.Curt Schilling, the guy who is learning Japanese to tell another culture how he feels about everything, will not be using the internets to preach? Really, now? Ethos be damned. He acknowledges that he doesn't know shit about anything, yet over and over and over, relishes the opportunity to stand on a soap box. Hell, in searching for articles about his outspokenness, "Curt Schilling said" was the third-highest tag available.
That’s not to say I’ll be preaching from the pulpit–far from it. Being a major league baseball player does not give me keen insight into politics, education, or anything else for that matter.
Curt, you have as much business talking about politics as I do about nuclear fusion or ways to dye a sock red. Stick to Worlds of Warcraft.
The truth is, I’ve been wrong as many times, if not more, than I’ve been right in my life.Duh.
I’m hoping this little experiment turns into something productive. At some point in the future we’ll steer this more toward a Q&A forum where we can talk about baseball and other things that interest people.
Translation: I will sound off on anything and everything. Ask me a question and I will tell you how to think. After all, I am Curt Schilling. I won a World Series with one leg and am now trying to help George W. Bush get this country back on the right and moral path.
1 comment:
Curt Schilling has a blog?! Sweet jesus. This should be entertaining.
Post a Comment