6:10pm:
I've been here for about 45 minutes. These facilities are immaculate. That's the best way I can describe them. I'm sitting here in the PETCO Park press box (seat 21, naturally) in total amazement. The press box is open-air, so there is no barrier betwixt me and the ambiance of the field. I love it. I can soak in both the game and the San Diego skyline. Note to Tony - can we please knock out the window in the SDSU press box? Get on that.
The band is here... first baseball game I've ever seen them at. On that note... when was the last time any baseball team ever had a band? I can't recall any Major League ones (well, aside from Oakland's amazing LF bleacher drummers).
SDSU appears to be wearing their 10000000000th uniform combination in the season - white jersey/white pants. Christ, we really ARE a Nike school. Must be new for this game, because I haven't seen this white jersey before.
It's now T-minus 10 mins 'til Tony's special ceremony.
6:26pm:
They're playing Avril Lavigne's "Skater Boi".
Shoot me.
6:34pm:
I almost forgot Tony played basketball. As Ted Leitner is saying... he played both sports "OLD SCHOOL"
Word up.
7:00pm:
They just finished the ceremony and video tribute. Fuckin-A, man, fuckin-A. I still don't have a lineup sheet. Why the hell not?
7:13pm:
UM's Jason Christian has the weirdest, most bugged out look on his face. Billings has had a good fastball, mid-to-high 80s, and he's mixing it up in the first inning. That's a 1-2-3 inning!
7:21pm:
More observations: The writer next to me keeps mumbling. It's slightly disturbing. Michigan's catcher's mask has the Wolverine pattern like they do on the football helmet. 0-0 after 1.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment